Sherri Swingle, Executive Director
Melissa Pederson, Event Director
Doug Dorton, Director of Development and Partnerships
Emily Pettit, Event Coordinator
Kera Lill, Event Assistant
1201 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
Join the Auction of Washington Wines Mailing List! Most of our event updates and information will be sent via email only so be sure to include your email address. This also helps us save on printing and postage, which means more money for our beneficiaries!
Our team is looking to hire a Donor Relations & Special Events Assistant. This is a full time position that reports to the Director of Development & Partnerships and the Event Director.
This entry-level position will primarily support the Director of Development and Partnerships but also provide general event and office support. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with demonstrated communications and marketing skills. Additionally, the candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks through the implementation of organized, clean and efficient processes.
Donor Development (60%)
- Assist the Director of Development in recognizing donors and implementing a communications strategy
- Assist with organizing donor events and developing prospective donors and sponsors
- Oversee the implementation of a new donor management software system and ensure all historical information is uploaded and records are maintained with current information
- Assist in the analysis of information and preparation of reports for Board of Directors, donors and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the activities of the “Private Reserve Cellar” club
- Assist in the development of the annual report
Special Events & Marketing (30%)
- Responsible for all event registration including group ticket sales, data entry, and financial processes
- Develop and design invitations, menus, tickets, flyers, and other print materials as necessary
- Work closely with marketing team to execute on provided marketing strategy and plan, including distribution and design of monthly/weekly electronic newsletters, website updates and general promotions
- Process all deposits and invoices according to organizational policies and maintain accurate financial files
- Place office supply orders, distribute mail, solicit IT help as needed, maintain office filing system
- Keep accurate inventory reports on wine and general warehouse storage
- Coordinate scheduling and facilitate any organizational meetings (ie; Board, committee, staff, etc.) and make travel arrangements for staff
- 1+ years of employment in special events, fundraising marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor to deal with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Able to work in fast-paced, pressured environment where flexibility, prioritization and diplomacy are necessary. Able to maintain composure and focus in a busy office setting with frequent interruptions (phone calls, walk-in traffic) and medium to low noise levels
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service even under adverse conditions; to work independently and make sound decisions; to manage multiple priorities and prioritize; to maintain confidentiality; and to show respect through proper communication with peers and supervisors
- Must be a self-starter, yet willing to ask for help and guidance and seek constructive feedback
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Must possess a strong interest in special events and articulate creativity in special projects
- Some college required, bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must and familiarization with In Design or other design software
- Must be able to lift a case of wine, approximately 40 pounds
Salary DOE. This is an entry level position.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify Donor Relations & Special Events Assistant in the message subject line. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experiences and accomplishments match our needs and mission. We will contact qualified applicants to schedule interviews beginning October 2nd. Deadline for submission is October 15, 2015.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills.Equal Employment Opportunity AWW provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected under city, state or federal law.
Americans with Disabilities Act Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The Agency shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.